A Delightfully Refreshing Lemonade Variation
A hot afternoon working in the garden deserves a refreshing drink…from the garden.
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (12-15 lemons)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups herbed syrup (see below)
For the Herbed Syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup basil (do not pack the measuring cup)
- ½ cup mind
- Place sugar, water, basil and mint in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Wash the herbs. Pick of the leaves and discard the stems.
- Strain out the herbs pressing on them to remove all simple syrup.
- Pour water, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher, stir and pour over ice in glasses.
- Add a sprig or two of the basil or mint, or an orange slice, as garnish.
For a twist (yes, pun intended), substitute limes for a few of the lemons.
For a little sweetness, add some honey to the recipe.
Growing Better Gardeners is not just our tagline, it is our mission.
Whether you are a novice gardener or an expert, RightPlantz.com is packed with useful and clear information to help you be a better gardener. RightPlantz.com brings together homeowners with Landscape Pros to create a community of passionate gardeners.