A Delightfully Refreshing Lemonade VariationA hot afternoon working in the garden deserves a refreshing drink…from the garden.
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (12-15 lemons)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups herbed syrup (see below)
For the Herbed Syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup basil (do not pack the measuring cup)
- ½ cup mind
- Place sugar, water, basil and mint in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Wash the herbs. Pick of the leaves and discard the stems.
- Strain out the herbs pressing on them to remove all simple syrup.
- Pour water, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher, stir and pour over ice in glasses.
- Add a sprig or two of the basil or mint, or an orange slice, as garnish.
About RightPlantz.comGrowing Better Gardeners is not just our tagline, it is our mission.
RightPlantz is the leading digital marketplace connecting homeowners and garden enthusiasts with local green industry professionals. RightPlantz is where gardening starts. Millions of homeowners around the country search for landscape, lawn care, arborists, irrigation installation and garden centers companies every year. RightPlantz is where green industry businesses grow.