Use Your Herbs To Make Infused Olive Oil
If you are like most gardeners, you have more than enough herbs than you will use in a reasonable amount of time. Using them to make infused oil is an easy and delicious way to use the extras.
- Choose a bottle to use. The bottle should have a tight fitting lid, a cork is best. Make sure to wash it before using it.
- Select the herbs you want to use. This is a matter of taste. Thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil and sage work well. The herbs can be fresh or dried.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the herbs.
- Place the herbs in the bottle and fill it with the olive oil.
- Seal the bottle and store it in a cool, dry place for a week. The flavor in the oil will intensify over time. Store the oil in the refrigerator if it will not be used up in a short period of time.
Growing Better Gardeners is not just our tagline, it is our mission.
Whether you are a novice gardener or an expert, RightPlantz.com is packed with useful and clear information to help you be a better gardener. RightPlantz.com brings together homeowners with Landscape Pros to create a community of passionate gardeners.