Use Your Herbs To Make Infused Olive Oil
If you are like most gardeners, you have more than enough herbs than you will use in a reasonable amount of time. Using them to make infused oil is an easy and delicious way to use the extras.
- Choose a bottle to use. The bottle should have a tight fitting lid, a cork is best. Make sure to wash it before using it.
- Select the herbs you want to use. This is a matter of taste. Thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil and sage work well. The herbs can be fresh or dried.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the herbs.
- Place the herbs in the bottle and fill it with the olive oil.
- Seal the bottle and store it in a cool, dry place for a week. The flavor in the oil will intensify over time. Store the oil in the refrigerator if it will not be used up in a short period of time.
Growing Better Gardeners is not just our tagline, it is our mission.
RightPlantz is the leading digital marketplace connecting homeowners and garden enthusiasts with local green industry professionals. RightPlantz is where gardening starts. Millions of homeowners around the country search for landscape, lawn care, arborists, irrigation installation and garden centers companies every year. RightPlantz is where green industry businesses grow.