You Are Going To Love This DIY Project
Want a creative activity to do with the kids or are you just in the fall decorating mood? How about making a gourd planter? There is so much to love about this project and the end results will look great on your front porch, as a table centerpiece or as a thoughtful gift.
What You Need
- 1-Gourd or Pumpkin at least 12” across
- 3-5 Assorted Fall Flowers (pansies, chrysanthemums, ornamentail cabbage or kale). Use smaller potted plants to make room for a good assortment).
- Potting Soil
How To Make Your Festive Fall Gourd Planter
1. Start with a nice sized gourd or pumpkin. Clean the outside surface to remove an dirt. 2. With a sharp knife, carefully cut off the top of the gourd at a spot that will give you a wide enough planting areas. 3. Scoop out the insides of the gourd. 4. Poke a few small drainage holes in the bottom of the gourd. A pencil works well for this.
5. Partially fill the gourd with potting soil.
6. Plant your plants.
7. Fill the voids with more potting soil.
As a creative option, consider using succulents or miniature evergreens.
This Blog’s Contractor Profile:
Meet Gnome Landscapes, Design, Masonry & Maintenance of Falmouth, Maine. Click to learn more about this great company.
Growing Better Gardeners is not just our tagline, it is our mission.
RightPlantz is the leading digital marketplace connecting homeowners and garden enthusiasts with local green industry professionals. RightPlantz is where gardening starts. Millions of homeowners around the country search for landscape, lawn care, arborists, irrigation installation and garden centers companies every year. RightPlantz is where green industry businesses grow.