Camellia japonica 'Black Tie'↺ Back To search
- Common Name: Black Tie Camellia Japonica
- Plant Story:
An upright evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Black Tie' features double, deep true red flowers that appear in the late winter to early spring. The long-lasting flowers provide a nice contrast to the dark green foliage.
- Type: Shrub Broadleaf Evergreen
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Red
- Has Winter Interest
- Planting Zone: 7-9
- Height: 8-12 ft
- Spread: 6-10 ft
- Light Requirements:Part Shade
- Suggested Uses: Mixed shrub borders, woodland garden, or as a screen
- Leaf: Glossy dark green foliage
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to:
- Plant Deer Resistant:No
- Plant Potential Pests:Leaf spots, black mold, flower blight, canker, root rot, scale, aphids, thrips, mealybugs and mites.
- Form: Upright
- Special Care Instructions:
Apply a root mulch. Prune after flowering. Requires consistent and even moisture.