Camellia japonica 'Cup of Beauty'↺ Back To search
- Common Name: Cup of Beauty Camellia
- Plant Story:
An evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Cup of Beauty' features semi-double cupped red flowers that resemble those of a tropical hibiscus in the early spring. Flower contrast nicely with dark green glossy oval foliage.
- Type: Shrub Broadleaf Evergreen
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Red
- Has Winter Interest
- Planting Zone: 7-9
- Height: 5-10 ft
- Spread: 5-10 ft
- Light Requirements:Part Shade
- Suggested Uses: Mixed shrub borders, woodland garden, or as a screen
- Leaf: Dark green foliage
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to:
- Plant Deer Resistant:No
- Plant Potential Pests:Leaf spots, black mold, flower blight, canker, root rot, scale, aphids, thrips, mealybugs and mites.
- Form: Upright
- Special Care Instructions:
Apply a root mulch. Prune after flowering. Requires consistent and even moisture.