Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Moonlight'↺ Back To search
- Common Name: Japanese Hydrangea Vine
- Plant Story:
A superb cultivar with leaves as bright as the moonlight, Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Moonlight' is a self-clinging vine with huge flat-topped, lace cap creamy white flowers. The showy silvery, blue-green heart-shaped leaves turn yellow in the fall. The woody reddish-brown twining stems provide interest in the winter.
- Type: Vine Deciduous
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Flower Color: White
- Planting Zone: 5-9
- Height: 20-30 ft
- Spread: 6-9 ft
- Light Requirements:Part Shade
- Suggested Uses: Shady areas to climb walls, arbors, or trees.
- Leaf: Not available
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to:
- Plant Deer Resistant:No
- Plant Potential Pests:No serious problems
- Form: Vine
- Special Care Instructions:
Prune in late winter or early spring. Plant 6-9' apart to cover a wall.