Ilex 'Nellie R. Stevens'↺ Back To search
- Common Name: Nellie R. Stevens Holly
- Plant Story:
A large broadleaf evergreen shrub, Ilex 'Nellie R. Stevens' features dark glossy green leaves with spiny leaves. Inconspicuous small greenish-white flowers give way to showy berry-like bright red fruits that persist throughout the winter.
- Type: Shrub Broadleaf Evergreen
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Insignificant
- Has Winter Interest
- Planting Zone: 6-9
- Height: 15-25 ft
- Spread: 8-12 ft
- Light Requirements:Part Shade
- Suggested Uses: Borders, screens, hedges, or foundations
- Leaf: Not available
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to:
- Plant Deer Resistant:No
- Plant Potential Pests:Holly leaf miner, spider mites, whitefly, scale, leaf spot, leaf rot, tar spot, and powdery mildew.
- Form: Conical
- Special Care Instructions:
Prune if needed. Plant near Ilex 'Edward J. Stevens; and male Ilex cornuta to pollinate.