Aster novae-angliae Purple Dome↺ Back To search
- Common Name: New England Aster
- Plant Story:
A real fall showstopper. Purple Dome is a nice dwarf variety of aster. Rich purple mounds of daisy-like blossoms contrast beautifully with its sunny yellow centers. Always a garden performer.
- Type: Perennial Herbaceous
- Bloom Season: Fall
- Flower Color: Purple
- Planting Zone: 3-8
- Height: 18"
- Spread: 18"
- Light Requirements:Full shade
- Suggested Uses: Cutting garden, cottage garden, massing
- Leaf: Not available
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to: Butterflies, Bees
- Plant Deer Resistant:Yes
- Plant Potential Pests:No Pests
- Is NativeNative
- Form: Mounding
- Special Care Instructions:
Pinch back and divide like chrysanthemums for best display.