Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle'↺ Back To search
- Common Name: Smooth Hydrangea
- Plant Story:
Annabelle is the best-known variety of Hydrangea arborescens. Annabelle is a stunning white hydrangea, often producing heads over 10" in diameter. Annabelle blooms every year even after severe pruning or intensely cold winters. The huge, white "drumstick" blooms appear in profusion without fail.
- Type: Shrub Deciduous
- Bloom Season: Summer
- Flower Color: White
- Planting Zone: 3-9
- Height: 3-5 ft
- Spread: 4-6 ft
- Light Requirements:Part Shade
- Suggested Uses: Mass or group in a shrub border, woodland garden, or perennial border
- Leaf: Rounded toothed green leaves
- Edible: NO
- Attracts to:
- Plant Deer Resistant:No
- Plant Potential Pests:Bud blight, bacterial wilt, leaf spot, and powdery mildew.
- Form: Not available
- Special Care Instructions:
Plants may die to the ground in harsh winter. Prune in late winter.